Thursday, February 26, 2009

Interesting Links


Last night, I found myself finishing up a short story for possible submission to a company called Girl Child Press. A friend of mine invited me to attend the Homage to Julia de Burgos and Audre Lorde in Hartford on Friday, the 20th of February, where among the poets giving recitations of their works was Michelle Sewell, who encouraged applicants to offer their entries for inclusion in an upcoming anthology of short stories. Given my current physical limitations of late, my offering was not the best, I'm afraid; nevertheless, I have been determined to enter as many contests and track down as many helpful sites at possible in my quest to not only self-publish but establish a "name" for myself on this journey towards the ultimate goal of not only publishing the type of work I want to present to the world but also creating my own publishing company which would focus on showcasing truly original work by truly talented artists who probably would be neither eagerly accepted or immediately appreciated (as financially profitable) by the main stream.

Anyone interested in possibly submitting her work as well might make a perusal of the website at: www.girlchildpress.com

You might also try the Arts Review Fogged Clarity at: http://
foggedclarity.com


Other interesting sites I am investigating are:

www.wordwizard.com www.publishamerica.com
and
http://askWendy.wordpress.com.

Of the three, however, I can only recommend the latter. Wendy Burt-Thomas is a friend of mine and a remarkable woman who posts a great deal of very helpful and informative information pertaining to resources for writers as well as tips on becoming published.

As for the others...we shall see.

In the meantime, I will make a point of sharing any interesting links, sites, pages or avenues I upon which I happen to stumble.

Until then...Happy Writing, ya'll, and good luck finding your Muse!

No comments:

Post a Comment